Stephen Ministry is:
- A South Grandville ministry for the past 12 years
- A caring ministry involving lay persons who have been trained to listen and walk along side of people who are going through loss and difficulties.
- An extension of the love of Jesus to people in need.
- Not only for our congregation but also reaches out into the community.
- A ministry that complements, not replaces, the care of the pastor, council members or medical personnel
South Grandville has four active Stephen Ministers, including Molli Brunsting, who coordinates the program.
Referrals for Stephen Ministers can come from:
- The Pastor
- Council members
- Friends, family members or self-referrals
Referrals are not limited to the South Grandville congregation. There is also no typical Stephen Ministry relationship. Some of the types of relationships in the past have dealt with:
- Grief, acute illness, depression, chronic health problems
- Difficult problems concerning children
- Addictions, poor choices
- Spiritual Concerns
If you would like to know more about the Stephen Ministry program please call the staff office at 530-4843 and ask for Molli.